Sunday, August 27, 2006

travel weekend

Sorry that it's been so long since i last posted something up for you guys. I've just been so busy with life here that its hard to connect with people back home. if you would like me to send you a letter please email me your address. This past weekend me and my roommate went camping in the backyard of the campus. we cooked a lot of our food on the fire which was assisted with our friend turpentine. Amoungst our adventures we went swimming in the freezing river in our gum-boots and bathers, we practised shooting with our bow and arrow that Sale made for us, (i almost got a possum), cooked kangaroo in the coals as well as eggs and english muffins, Watched a scary movie with the guys and then read scary stories around the fire during the really really foggy night. It was really a lot of fun, more fun than going to Canberra like some of the other students... nah just kidding. We had a 50's night at the school and we had a ... gasp! a dance! haha my dad is going to fall off his chair when he finds out. it was so much fun, we went to the Salvation Army to get outfits and then went back to the school to get all dolled up. Everyone looked great and we jived the night away. One of the days here is called quiet day. i think we will have two while we are here. No one can talk or listen to music or chat on the phone. it was just a day to be quiet, reflect, read, write, pray, sleep. you name it. it was the most relaxing day of my life. I read the book of Hosea out loud in an Aussie accent. I was sitting next to a waterfall so not only was it peaceful but no one else could hear me and mock my accent. I'm working on it, no worries I will be a Fair Dinkum Aussie by the time i return. If you don't know what Fair Dinkum means, thats alright because everyone here has their own meaning, you can put it into conversation anywhere you liek and you won't sound too foolish. so during this time of quietness I decided to give up to God my vow to never get married. I've placed it into his hands and I am at peace with whether or not I get married, but i have not shut that door on him, and already he is working more in my life now that ive given him control. But cheryl you have not yet won the bet because im not married. i have to get married in order for you to win, who knows God may choose to leave the door shut and i will win in the end. haha. anyway, life here is dandy and so far no bouts of homesickness. in fact this is starting to feel so much like home, i feel like this is the only home i've ever had. thats not to say that you guys back home mean nothing at all to me, but right now God is just working so largely in my life and this group of 21 students has really jelled together. i don't ever want to leave this bubble that we've created. ok, well off to go do some things in town so i will post a littel bit more later (pronounced ley-dah) ;)

7 Comments:

Blogger Kelela said...

Ah wonderful. I am so glad you posted. I was feeling like you were actually GONE! I am glad everything is great. That is sooo awesome. I love ya tons and tons. I love reading what goes on in your life on the other side of the world. It is very nice to read. Summer is still blazing on with today supposed to being 30 degrees. They say if this continues, we might have had one of the hottest summers in a long time! School is soon to start for many but not for me! (except for my french class that is) It is a wonderful feeling that fall is just around the corner. What kind of weather is it there for you? Well I am so glad life is good for you. Really really! Lots of love and continue posting!!!

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so jealous...I love hearing about your trip...think about you often oddly enough...loves

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeanette!
I'm so glad you are having an amazing time! I saw a shirt the other day that made me think of you...it had a sheep on it and said f ewe on it....aie. It was quite funny. I laughed for you too. I turned twenty yesterday and am officially old. To fill you in on two recent haps, MCBS is looking fabulous with new siding and rock put in....and Amanda Dawes is engaged! They're having a winter wedding and its going to be just lovely. Well, fair dinkum I must be off.
Hehee
Kara

2:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you're having an amazing time!!! I'm so happy for you!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Kelela said...

hey! Today in your time its your Birthday! For us it's tomorrow, but I thought I would tell you HAPPY BIRTHDAY anyways! Lots of love just for you!

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I finally was able to get on here and read all about how you are doing! It sounds like you are having an amazing time and I am so happy for you. Also miss you like crazy. We ended up on court 8 for volleyball, thought you might like to know! Also hope you got my birthday voicemail. Miss you! Have FUN!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Kelela said...

Where art thou oh far off one? Whenth shall she post? I cannot know, I cannot see.

POST SOON!

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home