Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Mittens, scones and fog

Hi guys! Last night we had our first family group Bible study. each student has to present 2 bible studies throughout the semester and yesterday was the first presentation. It was really neat because it was about angels and their relationship to God. We had great discussions and thought through some things i've never considered. After, we had supper (not to be confused with dinner. Supper is evening tea time) which consisted of scones with strawberry jam and whipping cream. oh so good! people here are starting to catch on to the fact that i love food. When people see me walking down the hallway with a spoon in my mouth know that it must be either nutella, ice cream or occasionally yogurt. I eat yogurt by the pail-full. its so yummy here! This morning the fog was so intense. its so pretty when you can see the sunbeams streaming through the tree branches and the fog. i love it. I've also heard some pretty funny stories about people catching possoms and how mean they can be. This one guy, phil who is my family group "dad", went to catch a possum and he had a pair of leather gloves and welding gloves one. he went to grab it and he bit through the 2 gloves and phil's just spinning his arm around like a windmill trying to shake it off and it ended up flying into a brick wall. You'd think that would do it in, but he managed to escape. I've also seen a real-live wombat. They are so big! I've heard that their back is so strong and hard that if you run over it with your car it can do some serious damage, not unlike a kangaroo. This afternoon we sat outside for lunch for the first time and it was lovely. it's been so cold lately so i made a pair of mittens to keep my finger's warm when i go for walks. Miss you all, and if you're into text-messaging i would love to keep in touch that way. i used to be all against it, but now that i can, it makes sense (for me anyway). To make a phone call is so expensive, but to write a little note only costs 25 cents no matter where im sending it to. so yeah, give me a dingle, the number is in one of my previous blogs. ta ta!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scones...so good! I'm so excited about the stuff you are learning!! Keep safe;)

3:02 PM  
Blogger Kelela said...

Hey Pal. What is the difference between their yogurt and ours? I would like to know this fact. What kinda classes do you have? Have you petted a Kangaroo yet? I love the stories that you tell. They are wonderful. The weather here has been pretty nice (like hot) except today is kinda cloudy! We might get more needed rain as the grass is all turning yellow and crying out for water! I have been working lots and feel like I am at work more than I am at home. It's scary!! Well Keep updating your blog. Can you do that at home? I love you lots and miss you. Ciao!!!

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jeanetto!
Thanks for the texts, it's quite lovely to hear from you....question: do DVDS or VHS's from Canada work over there????
Karra

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! are the text messages all 25 cents, no matter how long they are? well not that i can text, but just out of curiosity. Can you sign up for texting from msn, since that function isn't available on msn for you. I went and saw BC against alberta today at millenium with Amy today, it was pretty impressive considering it was only an under 16 league. Alberta won 3 games and BC 0, it was best out of five and Amy's cousin was playing for the BC team, and it was really hard not to chear for alberta once in a while since well it's our province, so once she asked me who I was cheering for anyways:$ haha! oh yeah, I finally got my fourth earing yesterday..? i think since everyone always always asks why in the world i have 3. yay. ttyl Love, Natalie

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home