Monday, December 04, 2006

Some shocking news

I wasn't sure how to tell all of you this, but i didn't want to do the whole mass email thing. word travels really fast back home anyway, so i don't have to be too worried about people finding out about this. I might be staying on for next semester here as a staff member in the kitchen. It's not written in stone yet because in order to get my work visa i need to be out of the country, so i may have to fly to new zealand in order to get it. terrible i know. I'll most likely be a cooks assistant and possibly an RA (resident's assistant) to live with the female students. I'm really excited about it, the staff are really excited and the students who are staying on for a second semester are really excited, and believe that God is excited about this too. So thats what is new. Last night i slept outside with just my sleeping bag and a sponge. it was really good, but super dewy in the morning, the bag was drenched, then This morning Flo and i went for our final tuesday morning run. we went at 5 in the morning so that we could see the sunrise and we ended up seeing a kangaroo too!! my first one close-up. then our family group had a lovely brekky outside this morning. we went to a national park and had a barbie with eggs, pancakes, bacon, crussants and youghurt. it was so great. it was on a cliff overlooking the most amazing view of "mountains" which to us are more like big hills. and there i saw my very first aussie snake. it was really big and phil tried to run it over because he hates them so much. things are coming to a close here, and its pretty sad. but on saturday night 17 of us students will be staying at a hostel somewhere in sydney near a beach so that we can all hang out before people take off for real. mm not sure what else to write. i should really eb packing instead of in town, but i am trying to put it off for as long as possible. ~ta

3 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

JJ,
Man that is so exciting!!! I'm so excited for you, that's really great to hear that's what God has called you to do. Hey, the longer you're there, the more likely I can come and visit you in the land down under! Keep safe and don't party too hard!

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there friend! Yikes a ramma! Yea I heard about what you were thinking from Kara who heard from your father at the farmers market. Crazy crazy. I agree that the longer you stay the more we can come visit! Ha! The only thing is that I have this terrible heart ache for you! I just miss seeing you and hanging out! I am so glad we had time at camp before you left. Lots of things to tell you! I love you and miss you. HAPPY GRADUATION!!

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yey Jeanette! Hope things work out for you... sounds like a super cool opportunity. :)

We'll miss you of course... but then when you finally DO come home we'll be that much more excited to see you. :D Yey!

I'm thinking of going to Africa and doing a DTS like Tim next January... we'll see how that goes, but that's the plan at the moment. yey for travels!

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home